DOT TESTS in Birmingham
DOT Drug Tests & Solutions for Employers
For businesses that require employees to carry commercial driver’s licenses (CDLs), Fastest Labs of South Birmingham is a DOT random drug testing company that can provide accurate and affordable testing services in Birmingham. The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) mandates that anyone carrying a CDL must submit to regular drug and alcohol testing to ensure safety.
Our skilled team of sample collectors has extensive training and knowledge of specific procedures that keep you and your employees DOT (Department of Transportation) compliant. Because your privacy is our priority, we make sure our collectors are certified Breath Alcohol technicians and Lifeloc Operator and Calibration technicians. Fastest Labs of South Birmingham is a drug testing company for employers.
As a locally owned testing facility serving the Birmingham community, we ensure our labs and waiting areas are sanitized to remove any chances of contamination. As such, we can maintain the highest standards of cleanliness, providing businesses with accurate test results promptly.
The Comprehensive DOT Tests We Offer
At Fastest Labs of South Birmingham, we know that no two businesses are exactly the same. Therefore, we can customize your DOT testing services to meet your company’s needs.
The various comprehensive DOT testing solutions we offer include:
- DOT drug testing – If your company falls under DOT’s six sensitivity agencies, you are required to get drug testing regularly.
- DOT alcohol testing – Before a CDL-carrying employee can begin the job or return to work after a long absence, alcohol testing is one of several required stipulations.
- DOT physicals – To ensure that you have employees physically capable of work demands, our certified medical examiners can perform DOT physicals easily.
- DOT saliva testing – For a more accurate form of alcohol testing, our saliva tests are quick and provide certified results within a few days.
Not only do we have the above offerings available, but we can also help you create a DOT testing policy and provide protocol training for your staff. With our DOT testing protocol training, we want to help you understand how to keep from having your testing thrown out or rejected. Our goal is to ensure your company remains DOT compliant and understands the proper regulations and procedures.
Who Is Subject to DOT Testing?
Working with the Department of Transportation (DOT), your organization is empowered to request drug tests in situations that are deemed reasonable by trained supervisors. This process helps ensure a safe and secure working environment for employees.
Organizations that must remain DOT-compliant include:
- Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
- Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA)
- Federal Railroad Administration (FRA)
- Federal Transit Administration (FTA)
- Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration (PHMSA)
- United States Coast Guard (USCG)
Motor carriers, churches, civic organizations, and government entities of all levels are also required to uphold the standards set by the Department of Transportation.
What Drugs Does the DOT Test For?
Our lab is dedicated to providing the highest level of accuracy and expertise when it comes to meeting DOT drug test requests. Our 5-panel test, which has become an industry standard for DOT drug testing, evaluates for five distinct classes of drugs, which include:
- Phencyclidine (PCP)
Does the DOT Require Alcohol Testing?
In 1991, the DOT set a new standard for safety by mandating that employees in safety-sensitive roles within aviation, motor carrier, railroad and mass transit be tested for drug and alcohol abuse. DOT alcohol tests check for alcohol concentration levels of 0.02 or higher.