Federal DOT Drug Testing
Certified Testing Services, Verified Results
When it comes to federal DOT drug testing, it's essential for all governmental and private companies under the "safety-sensitive transportation" umbrella to comply with DOT regulations. FastestLabs® provides certified federal DOT drug testing services for all employers that require their employees to carry a commercial driving license (CDL). Our Fastest Labs collectors are fully trained in DOT-certified procedures and federally-mandated protocols. Most of our DOT drug tests provide accurate results in as little as 1-2 days
Who Do DOT Rules Apply To?
DOT rules apply to any CDL-holding employee of the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), Federal Railroad Administration (FRA), Federal Transit Administration (FTA), Pipeline & Hazardous Materials Safety Administration (PHMSA), or the United States Coast Guard (USCG).
Examples of employers and employees who must comply with DOT regulations include but are not limited to:
- Owners/leasers of any type of commercial vehicle
- Employers that assign commercial vehicle operation to employees
- Governmental agencies, including federal, state, and local
- Authorized for-hire motor carriers, including bus companies
- Private motor carriers, including shuttle services
- Civic organizations, including the Boy/Girl Scouts and veteran transport
- Churches that offer transportation/shuttle service
Federal DOT drug testing is the responsibility of the employer. At Fastest Labs, we make it easy. We meet all the necessary requirements to ensure that your business, church, or government entity remains DOT compliant.
When Is DOT Drug Testing Necessary?
Under federal regulations, employers may be required to carry out DOT drug testing under a number of different circumstances.
It is necessary to conduct DOT drug testing for any of the following reasons:
- All applicants that are CMV licensed must be given pre-employment testing
- A driver’s actions may have contributed to or caused an accident
- A driver was involved in any way in an accident that proved fatal
- A supervisor or official has reasonable suspicion of drug use
- Follow-up tests after an employee fails a DOT drug test
- Return-to-duty testing upon an employee’s return to work after a failed test
- Random, unannounced drug testing to ensure DOT compliance
At Fastest Labs, we can assist you with your federal DOT drug testing needs, no matter the reason. We can also help you create your drug and alcohol policy, prepare for an audit, conduct on-site testing with our mobile DOT certified professional collectors, and perform random program management. Our urinalysis DOT drug tests screen for traces of marijuana, cocaine, amphetamines, opiates (including heroin), and phencyclidine (PCP).