Paternity Testing in Louisville, Kentucky
Legal Paternity Testing in Kentucky With Fastest Labs of East Louisville
A paternity test uses DNA to determine fatherhood. For a test as important as this, you should opt for a reliable lab that provides quick and easy service. Fastest Labs of East Louisville is that lab! Your visit will take only a few minutes and you will get your results in a matter of days. Our labs feature expert paternity testing technicians in Kentucky, clean labs, and state-of-the-art equipment. We can handle all your DNA testing needs, from paternity to maternity.
Fatherhood Testing and Paternity testing in Kentucky
The reasons to test for fatherhood range from personal to legal. Fastest Labs of East Louisville is always a reliable option, no matter the reason for the legal paternity test. Do you need your results for legal purposes? Our DNA paternity tests in Kentucky are court-admissible. If you’re unsure whether a fatherhood test is worth it, check out some of the common reasons people request it:
- Personal – Many people simply want to know the results. Perhaps the parents are unsure, or an adopted child reunites with their father.
- Custody – When it comes to custody over a child, the father is going to need to take a paternity test to prove he’s the biological parent.
- Child Support – Many fathers provide child support voluntarily, but mothers can go to court to legally require payments. In these cases, the father must take a paternity test before he’s lawfully required to pay child support.
How Our Paternity Tests in kentucky Work
Our paternity testing services are the fastest available in Louisville. So fast, in fact, that we will see you within five minutes of you checking in at our facility. Be sure to bring both participants, because the next step is a simple cheek swab. According to the US National Library of Medicine, saliva is a valid replacement. This is because the DNA in saliva is just as pure as the DNA in blood.
Once we have DNA from both participants, our paternity testing professional will send the samples to our advanced lab—and that’s all you need to do. Fastest Labs of East Louisville takes pride in being the fastest lab in Louisville. After our quick appointment, you will only wait 2-3 days for results.
Can You Get a Paternity Test While Pregnant?
Yes, it is possible to get a paternity test while pregnant. This type of test will involve either collecting samples from the mother, father and unborn child or analyzing the fetus' DNA during an ultrasound scan.
For a prenatal paternity test, a sample of the mother's blood will be collected and then analyzed for specific genetic markers that can identify the potential father. Alternatively, an amniocentesis or chorionic villus sampling (CVS) test can be performed on the fetus in order to collect fetal DNA for analysis. It is important to keep in mind that this type of test carries certain risks so should only be done if it is medically necessary or with your doctor's advisement. Prenatal testing can provide accurate results within 1-2 weeks after all samples have been taken.
How Early Can You Do a Paternity Test?
The earliest that you can do a paternity test is dependent upon the type of test you opt for. Starting at week 7 of pregnancy through the mother's first trimester, a non-invasive prenatal paternity test is possible. Choosing this route involves collecting a cheek swab from the father and having blood drawn from the mother.
If you choose to conduct a DNA test after the child's birth it can be done immediately after the baby is cleaned by hospital staff and any time following. This will be done by cheek swab for both participants. Whether you opt for a blood sample or cheek swab for DNA collection, both methods are highly reliable and accurate. If you have questions or concerns about paternity testing, do not hesitate to reach out to the paternity testing experts at Fastest Labs of East Louisville.
One of the lesser-known paternity tests is for maternity. After all, many feel it unnecessary to confirm motherhood. However, there are still a few reasons you may want a maternity test:
- Custody – Like with fatherhood testing, the court may require the mother to take a maternity test if child custody goes to court
- Immigration – Immigrants looking to move to the United States will need to take a maternity test when applying for citizenship. This also applies for a visa for both the mother and child.
- Inheritance – Another court-related reason. If you’re inheriting something from a family member, you will need to take a maternity test to prove motherhood (or paternity to prove fatherhood).
Like fatherhood testing, you don’t need a reason to take a maternity test, and we won’t ask if it’s personal. You have full discretion over the test, which means we don’t need to know the reason unless the test is required by a court.