PEth Testing in North Palm Beach
What Is a PEth Test?
At Fastest Labs of North Palm Beach, we offer Phosphatidylethanol (PEth) Testing. We can conduct this reliable method of detecting blood alcohol concentration in mere seconds via a small prick of the finger.
You may be required to have a PEth test for:
- Court orders
- Job applications
- Custody mandates
- Legal situations
- Alcoholic treatment centers
- Clinical studies
When the body absorbs ethanol/alcohol, PEth forms by binding to red blood cells. A direct alcohol biomarker, PEth is easily detected in human blood up to 4 weeks after consumption.Its concentration in blood increases as alcohol consumption increases.
When tested regularly, PEth can indicate prolonged, heavy, or binge drinking:
- A reading over 20ng/mL is considered a positive PEth result and indicates alcohol abuse
- A reading over 100ng/mL is evidence of heavy or binge drinking
The Benefits of PEth Tests
PEth tests are one of the most trusted blood tests on the market with 99% accuracy. Measuring for PEth provides a complete picture of an individual’s alcohol usage: revealing valuable biometric data absent from other alcohol-focused test results.
Advantages of PEth testing include:
- Specificity – Unlike other blood alcohol tests, PEth biomarkers are not affected by hand sanitizer and mouth wash – offering a more accurate profile of alcohol consumption.
- Reliable – PEth test results are also failproof from false readings due to age, medications, illnesses, past drinking habits, or other health factors.
- Non-Invasive – PEth testing is relatively non-invasive, requiring no more than a few drops of blood that our trained lab specialists can easily collect.
If you need PEth blood testing services, you can count on Fastest Labs of North Palm Beach for:
- Spotless facilities
- A friendly team that emphasizes client confidentiality
- Affordable prices
- Fast results
Many employers and courts require PEth testing along with additional tests that measure for drugs and alcohol via hair and/or nail samples. Our lab technicians have the necessary training and equipment to administer these types of tests as well. We offer PEth testing near you so that you can come in at your convenience.
Upon request, we do our best to fit clients in for same-day appointments. Give us a call at (561) 571-8221 or reach out to us online today!