PEth TestING NEAR North Palm Beach
What Is a PEth Test?
At Fastest Labs of North Palm Beach, we offer Phosphatidylethanol (PEth) Testing. We can conduct this reliable method of detecting blood alcohol concentration in mere seconds via a small prick of the finger.
You may be required to have a PEth test for:
- Court orders
- Job applications
- Custody mandates
- Legal situations
- Alcoholic treatment centers
- Clinical studies
The VARIOUS Benefits of A PEth Test
PEth tests are one of the most trusted blood tests on the market with 99% accuracy. Measuring for PEth provides a complete picture of an individual’s alcohol usage: revealing valuable biometric data absent from other alcohol-focused test results.
Advantages of PEth testing include:
- Specificity – Unlike other blood alcohol tests, PEth biomarkers are not affected by hand sanitizer and mouth wash – offering a more accurate profile of alcohol consumption.
- Reliability – PEth test results are also failproof from false readings due to age, medications, illnesses, past drinking habits, or other health factors.
- Non-Invasive – PEth testing is relatively non-invasive, requiring no more than a few drops of blood that our trained lab specialists can easily collect.
How Much Alcohol is Needed to Test Positive for PEth?
When the body absorbs ethanol/alcohol, PEth forms by binding to red blood cells. A direct alcohol biomarker, PEth is easily detected in human blood up to four weeks after consumption. Its concentration in blood increases as alcohol consumption increases.
When tested regularly, PEth can indicate prolonged, heavy, or binge drinking:
- A reading over 20ng/mL is considered a positive PEth result and indicates alcohol abuse
- A reading over 100ng/mL is evidence of heavy or binge drinking
How Long Can a PEth Test Detect Alcohol?
PEth tests are designed to detect heavy drinking up to approximately two to four weeks prior to sample collection. Testing can only detect whether PEth is present in the sample; it cannot determine frequency of use, dose, or time of use. A single serving of alcohol, such as a glass of wine or one 12-oz serving of beer are not likely to produce a positive PEth test.
Why Choose Fastest Labs of North Palm Beach for PEth Testing?Many employers and courts require PEth testing along with additional tests that measure for drugs and alcohol via hair and/or nail samples. Our lab technicians have the necessary training and equipment to administer these types of tests as well. We offer PEth testing near you so that you can come in at your convenience.
If you need PEth blood testing services, you can count on Fastest Labs of North Palm Beach for:
- Spotless facilities
- A friendly team that emphasizes client confidentiality
- Affordable prices
- Fast results