YES YOU CAN get a Prenatal Paternity test, affordably!
At Fastest Labs we get a lot of questions about getting a DNA test while pregnant. If you want or need
DNA testing while pregnant we are here to help with that test. Here is an overview of everything you need to know about NIPP, or non-invasive prenatal paternity testing (or NIPT), that you can take before your baby is born.
Not knowing who the father of your child is can be stressful, and waiting till after the baby is born to get a DNA test means months of worry. If you know now you can get everything you need in order before the baby is born, when your life gets even more complicated.
It will also help you get your personal life in order knowing before the baby is born who the actual father is. Plus, you can get your legal issues addressed earlier, for things like child support, the name of the father on the birth certificate, custody issues and more. With the changes to the laws in the state of Texas you really need to know who the father is as early as possible if there are any doubts.
The Science Behind Non-Invasive Prenatal Paternity Testing
The test can be performed as early as the 7th or 8th week of pregnancy, meaning you can choose to confirm who the father is nearly immediately after you determine you are pregnant. Prenatal DNA is completely non-invasive and safe for both the mother and fetus.
Other older methods like amniocentesis, where fluid is taken from around the baby, are less expensive but can lead to miscarriage. Fastest Labs only does NIPP testing because we consider amniocentesis prenatal testing to be unsafe.
So how does this work?
- DNA is collected from the mother with a blood draw, and DNA is collected from the possible father using a cheek swab. Both samples are then sent to the lab for analysis
- At the lab the test separates the mother’s DNA from the child’s DNA profile. Then a comparison will be made between the child and the potential father to determine paternity. If the man tested is not the father the test will come back with a probability of 0%.
- Pricing for prenatal tests are more expensive than a test after birth. Fastest Labs has two options depending on how quickly you would like your results
- Results in 1 week or less cost $1450
- Results in three weeks, your most affordable option are $1050
- All Fastest Labs tests are legal tests if the father is available to provide a cheek swab
- We do have payment plans available. You can put half down and pay the rest when the results are ready
There are cases where the father is not available. Fastest Labs may be able to get DNA from contact items, like drink glasses, toothbrushes, hairbrushes and other items. If the father is deceased, Fastest Labs can still get DNA in many cases. There are additional fees for contact items.
Why Fastest Labs for your prenatal test:
- Fastest Labs provides an accuracy guarantee
- Our lab is fully accredited by the College of American Pathologists, which is the standard of excellence in prenatal testing
- Our lab continues to update its technology to ensure the most accurate tests ever
- Support before, during and after you test by caring professionals. You will not find a better team behind the lab at Fastest Labs
- A great price, our prices are excellent for the quality of test you receive. We often get calls about a “cheap paternity test while pregnant.” My father always told me “good work is not cheap and cheap work is not good.” Are there lower prices out there, yes; but they often involve you collecting your own samples instead of our certified collectors.
- Collecting the samples yourself may lead to cross contamination (accidental combining of two DNA sources), which will not provide a result
- Also, any test where you collect the samples yourself is not going to stand up in court, they are not legal tests
If you really need a less expensive test it would be best to wait until after the baby is born. Our pricing for those types of tests start at $149. But if you want a great price, a quality test and excellent service look no further than Fastest Labs of Webster for your non invasive prenatal paternity test.